[thelist] Site check - reprocessed.org

Matt Patterson list-matt at reprocessed.org
Wed Nov 21 14:08:33 CST 2001

On 21/11/01 at 12:25 pm, allie at pajunas.com (Allie Micka) wrote:

> >I've finally gotten my personal website, http://reprocessed.org/,
> >into a state where I'm comfortable inviting opinions.
>
> Very cool. I like the responsiveness of the DHTML navigation.  The
> biggest problem I see with it though, is that some of your links leave
> the index page (photography menu, My portfolio, etc) and all
> navigation is lost.  If I hit the back button I'm back where I started
> and all the hard work I've done to navigate 2-3 levels into the site
> is lost!

Do you mean that when you leave the front page, when you go back you're
back at the start, or do you mean that once inside the main body of the
site there's no navigation clearly visible.

As far as the former is concerned, I'm aware of it and am thinking about
implementing a cookie-based system which remembers which part of the
front page you were looking at when you left. I'm not sure howw
irritated people are by the resetting of the page.

If you mean that there's no navigation visible in the main body of the
site then since:

> I'm using ie 5.5 on a pc.

There's not much I can say other than, there's breadcrumb navigation at
the bottom of the page, but if you were to use Netscape 6.1/6.2 or a
recent (0.8.1+) build of Mozilla you'll have a significantly different
experience...

Thanks

Matt

--