[thelist] RE: thelist digest, Vol 1 #1802 - 23 msgs

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Wed Nov 21 14:29:24 CST 2001

Erika-

I found that the Sony DSC-S75 is a great camera for the money, at around
$600.  Get yourself a 32mb flash card and you can take extremely high-res
photos all day long (119 if I remember correctly at 1600x1200).  Good luck!

-Chris

Sent by:  thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org

To:   thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject:  [thelist] digital camera

My department has said they are willing to buy a digital camera for
me to use at work.  It needs to be a good value though.

What I need to do is take good pictures (mostly around campus) for
the web. I need USB.  I need to be able to take indoors shots without
having to use flash.  I want to be able to set it to take black &
white.  I want zoom.  Maybe I want other stuff but I don't know
enough to say.

Basically, I would use the camera to make photos indoors (portraits &
objects) and outdoors (buildings, people, vegetation) on campus.  I'd
then edit them for the web site.  They would not be used for print.