[thelist] Vertical Text

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Nov 21 19:42:24 CST 2001

> Once we get everyone upgraded in-house (I set the browser
> standard for intranet access) I'll be experimenting with
> vertical text as a graphical element. Is that okay, amanda?

Hey now, I hear some serious sarcasm in there.

Go ahead and experiment. But trust your audience as to whether they can
read it or even bother to try. Reading text onscreen is more intensive
than on the page. Making it vertical doesn't make it any easier.

> spinhead
> (Finally got around to looking at your site - beautiful use
> of side scrolling. Just goes to show that breaking the rules
> is very cool, when you do it right)

Well, thanks. It's an experiment. Don't know if I'd recommend it to
anyone, though. There are a number of limitations in that format.

- amanda