[thelist] TARGET="_blank"

Carbon Chip emailus at carbonchip.com
Wed Nov 21 20:05:41 CST 2001

generally, corporate external links want it, but *any* other type of sites
dont. my own personal hated1 is www.silicon.com - quite often they have
great content, but they open their OWN pages in new windows. after going
thru about ten pages, this can really hack the most ardent users. although
they are a reputable IT/info/gossip site, i just cant help feeling that
their senior *webmaster* has had an illustrious career in porn
somewhere.....

there is a misguided, hidden belief that as long as you can keep your own
company site open on a users desktop, even in the background, they'll keep
it there, and maybe, just maybe, buy something from you. abolute arse in the
majority of cases, but hey, who are we to argue with clients.

im sure we all *love* them...

banrett