[thelist] Java/J++, general programming question

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Thu Nov 22 11:57:52 CST 2001

Tim,

I agree with the others who replied to your post. MS Visual J++ is a
dead piece of technology (using the term very loosely). It uses a
Microsoft implementation of Java that, among other things, clobbers
Java's platform independent nature.
If anyone wants to learn Java then I suggest staying away from all the
fancy GUI apps and use Sun's JDK instead. I'm in the process of
rewriting an application that was originally written with Visual J++
but won't run when used with Netscape (it works fine in IE, of
course....Go figure)

Dave