[thelist] IE - The claret (white dotted line) on clickable images

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Thu Nov 22 12:04:38 CST 2001

To everyone:

looks like we've got interesting debate here - many thanks to everyone -
your comments have been wicked.
The client in question (not trying to be nasty here) has about as much web
sense as a salmon trying to jump its way into a bears mouth - funny to watch
but such a waste!

the site is supposed to be quick and specifically aimed at modem users - i
was happy with this, done sites for these circumstances loads of times,
BUT - the design i was given and the image spec supplied by the client was
hysterical - i took one look and then cracked up...animations everywhere,
graphically heavy images, fancy fades - curves - not a chance, but its
agreed (as you pointed out martin), i programmed the site as the client
wished with the understanding that any changes to the site after
completetion will be re-costed (cant remember the exact wording - but
basically if it fails to load quick on a modem because of the design then we
get paid more to sort it out for them) - and believe me - on testing it
takes almost 30 seconds per page to load - and thats the best i can do for
it.
I started sacrificing image quality, but i knew the outcome would be
terrible - so re-design (by our designers this time) and re-develop - and
the client appologised for not listening to us in the first place - which
was nice.

cheers again everyone

paul