[thelist] TARGET="_blank"

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Fri Nov 23 02:44:21 CST 2001

On 22 Nov 2001, at 20:05, Joel D Canfield posted a message which said:

> Wasn't aware of that. In our case, Macs make up less than 1% of our
> traffic, so I'm not making any changes for now, but that's really useful
> info. Thanks.

For a lot of people, it works that way in Windows, too.

Uh, would you consider conforming to RFC 1522 in this manner?

	1. Trim posts meaningfully,
	2. Reply *below* that which you are replying to so that others
could do the same?

It not only reduces the expense of participating in this list for people
who have to pay by the minute to use the telephone line (common in
places like UKofGB&NI) when they read your message, but would
also have made it a lot easier for people reading followup mesages to
figure out this has something to do with opening PDFs in a new
window, which can leave an annoying ghost window, meaning the
user has to close both Acroread AND the ghost window in order to
get back to the original page.

Thanks!

deke

*Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche
-- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance,
my grandmother used to say, "The black cat is always the last one off
the fence." I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was
undoubtedly true. --
                       Solomon Short