[thelist] dedicated modem net access

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 06:01:47 CST 2001

> You might like to consider, though, that a dedicated line
> + dedicated modem
> account = $22 + 40 = $60+. I think the consumer-level
> ADSL accounts are
> probably only marginally more expensive and don't require
> the extra phone
> line (you can get a splitter to enable you to share a
> single line).

The only trouble being my exchnage hasn't been enabled yet,
nor are they planning to enable it anytime soon. I love
Telstra so very very much. Not only do they keep broadband
from taking off by charging so much for it, but they don't
even give half the people a decent chance to get it. It
doesn't even make sense to me, surely if they hired more
people, got the exchanges enabled sooner, and dropped the
prices, even just a little, they'd have so many extra ADSL
customers that they'd make the profist straight back up...

Lachlan Cannon
{Luminosity}