[thelist] Name That Technique?

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Fri Nov 23 10:33:20 CST 2001

do you mean this?


-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Tommy Martin
Sent: 23 November 2001 16:27
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Name That Technique?

>What's the technique called whereby an object in a photo is stripped of
>its background using an alpha mask so that it can be dropped onto
>another background?

Compositing, matting, or chroma/alpha/luma-keying (depending on how
you make your matte).


V e r t e b r a t e . co . uk
     design with a spine


For unsubscribe and other options, including
the Tip Harvester and archive of TheList go to:
http://lists.evolt.org Workers of the Web, evolt !

More information about the thelist mailing list