[thelist] Name That Technique?

Matt Wenham matt at mattwenham.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 03:48:19 CST 2001

> > What's the technique called whereby an object in a photo is stripped
> > of its background using an alpha mask so that it can be dropped onto
> > another background?

> masking?

> exactly what's the context?  in Photoshop, there's an "extract"
> feature that does what tools like Corel KnockOut does...

> or you mean something else?

That's the ticket, yes... anyone aware of any freeware apps to do it for
complex cases, or is it about time I wrote one??


More information about the thelist mailing list