[thelist] Homesite 5.0 and "Design Mode"

John Olival johnolival at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 04:55:34 CST 2001

> Anyone know what happened to "Design Mode" in Homesite 5?

Yep, its been removed.

>From their website:

"Macromedia Dreamweaver/UltraDev integration
Design View was removed from this release. The strength of HomeSite is its
code editing features, while Macromedia Dreamweaver and UltraDev are the
industry's choice for visual Web page design and application development. As
a combined product family, we suggest that you take advantage of the
respective strengths of our code-centric and visually-oriented products."

http://beta.allaire.com/betadocs/homesite50/releasenotes.htm for more.

IMHO I didn't find much use for it. It kept reformatting my code every time
I used it. Still using 4.5.2. How does it compare (besides the missing)
"design mode"?

JohnO