[thelist] PhotoShop Test on a curve

D.Bruce Saurer g1notami at zoominternet.net
Mon Nov 26 10:39:34 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olly Hodgson" <gnarly at punkass.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to make text follow a curve in Photoshop
6.

> I have reached the limits of the Warp Text tools and something more
> flexible. Is there a way to make text follow a path or something?

not in the way Illustrator or other vector programs do but, in Photoshop 6,
if the path is not too complex (or you're very patient) you can:

1.) Enter type (be sure of font type as there is no backward conversion to
the following step)

2.) Right-click and choose "Convert to Shape"  (Layer / Type / Convert to
Shape)*(creates a layer clipping path)

3.) Choose the "Path Component Selection Tool" (black) or the "Direct
Selection Tool" (white) [(above the pen)*(shortcut: type "a")]

4.)You can use either to move individual characters or as a selected group

5.) The transformation tools are available as well here

6.) You can rasterize the clipping path, load the selction and fill to a new
layer once you're satisfied.  (It helps to start  large and scale the final
down 50% using "Image Size"

bruce
g1notami at zoominternet.net