[thelist] form submit nn4.7

John Olival johnolival at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 17:04:09 CST 2001

Adam

> I'm concerned that the js popup function I'm using is incompatible with js
> enabled versions of nn4.7 because its mighty buggy. The only thing I can
> guess is that my declaring javascript as being 1.2 has something to do
with
> it. Maybe my version of nn4.7 can't handle it. I'm not sure. any thoughts?
> (IE4+,NN6,MAC/WIN) all werk fine.

I noticed that you are using the 'dependent' feature of the window.open
method:

function subWin2(){
        window.open("picture1.htm", "subWin2", "dependent, scrollbars=auto,
resizable=no, menubar=no, status=no, toolbar=no, location=no,
directories=no, width=400, height=258, top=50, left=150");}

This is only supported in Netscape 4, and is a little buggy when you click
on the link to open the window when the popup window is already open. Take
this 'dependent' feature out and you will find that the script works fine.
Before testing, be sure to close all instances of Netscape after making this
change.

HTH

JohnO