[thelist] RFC: Top Margin Network Bar?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Nov 27 01:33:52 CST 2001

I'm interested to see what people have to say about "top margin network
bars". Some examples are shown on the following sites:

   http://www.osdn.com/
   http://www.iconoclast.org/
   http://paganwiccan.about.com/mbody.htm

Specifically, I'm interested in:

 - how effective people think they are.
 - any studies that have been done on them.
 - any comments on them at all. any writeups, etc.
 - personal preference.
 - breakdown of what could/should be in them.
 - standard across all network sites, or color/font
   tweaked to the site in question?

And so on and so forth. I've been seeing this as an answer to a lot of
cross-promotion/pollination problems that I've been trying to solve, but
want to get other opinions first.

--
Morbus Iff ( i am your scary godmother )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/