[thelist] Adjusting font size default in IE 5.x?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Nov 27 06:40:13 CST 2001

In the PC version of IE 5.x there are 5 font sizes that one can zoom
their text size to: largest, larger, medium, smaller and smallest.
Personally, I think they should be renamed monolithic, huge, large,
tiny and infinitesimal.

It seems that to MSIE that 'medium' (I'm guessing 1em) should be
about 16 pixels high. Way too big.  And as such, there is no one size
that seems 'just right'. Can someone suggest how I may set my own
browser's default to something that might be more in line with the
way every other application ever devised would display it?

I have no idea how these guys figured they would calculate size
differential. I appreciate that Netscape 6.x allows increments of
about 10%, and that 1em seems to be interpreted as 'default browser
size'.

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com