[thelist] Adjusting font size default in IE 5.x?

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 27 11:09:29 CST 2001

Frank wrote:

 > It seems that to MSIE that 'medium' (I'm guessing 1em) should be
 > about  16 pixels high. Way too big.  And as such, there is no one
 > size that

BTW, an em is and em is an em. 1em = 100% of whatever the font size is.
But your right, 16px is the Windows IE default size.

 > seems 'just right'. Can someone suggest how I may set my own
 > browser's  default to something that might be more in line with the
 >  way every other

This is a slight hack, that may not work in all cases or may create
bizarre text formatting.
- Under Internet Options, select Accessibility on the General Tab
- check "Format documents using my style sheet" and create your own
stylesheet (i.e., HTML, BODY { font-size: 14px !imporant }
- and/or check "Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages"

Best thing to do is you want that kind of control, use Netscape 6 or
Mozilla which will allow you to specify how each an every HTML element
is displayed on the page.

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila