[thelist] E-Commerce Recommendations

McCoy, Alan amccoy at goodmanct.com
Wed Nov 28 10:30:05 CST 2001

As incredibly unbelievable as it seems, our web design firm has never
had to do a full-blown e-com site (product catalog, shopping cart,
online transactions, etc.), but now we're getting some bites from some
small to medium businesses that want e-com sites. These are companies
that want something that:

- can be up and running fairly quickly and without a great deal of cost,
- has rich admin tools to easily manage content,
- doesn't require a steep learning curve for templating systems or
proprietary coding languages.

Looking into the future, we're going to need to pull together a
preferred list of e-com software, as well as web hosting providers who
can offer stable support. Does anyone have any tried and true
recommendations that fit these criteria?

Alan