[thelist] cybersquatters! help!

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:45:21 CST 2001

If this is you:

> B/E Aerospace, Inc. (BEAEROSPACE-DOM)
>    1455 Fairchild Rd.
>    Winston-Salem, NC 27105

Then you still are the 'owner' of the domain name.  They've just
changed other contacts to them.  Unfortunately this name is
registered at Verisign (NSI) and they are a bear to deal with.
Immediately - today - NOW - phone Verisign/NSI, wait on hold
as long as possible - and work with them to get the other contact
info changed to you.  Also, pay their [ripoff] 2 year rate of $70
to renew it for 2 years.

 1-888-642-9675

Be prepared to FAX documents to them.  Be prepared to wait on hold
forever.  Be prepared to be hassled.  But it will work.  There IS
a grace period of at least 45 days before an unpaid domain name is
lost.  Verisign takes a lot longer (in most cases) to 'drop' the
name into the available pool.

This clearly looks like a case of domain name highjacking.  Good
luck.  And about 3 months after getting all of this cleared up,
consider changing registrars.

-Hugh