[thelist] PHP mail() - message format

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Nov 28 15:37:30 CST 2001

Have I fixed it? Maybe...

I changed...
$message = ereg_replace("(\n|\r)", "\r\n", $message);

To...
$message = ereg_replace("(\r|\r\n)", "\n", $message);

...before sending with mail().

And now text messages seem to be handled properly/same through four
different accounts that did not handle the messages the same way before.

Can anyone explain why different mail accounts (assumably different mail
servers) were sending the same mail content in different ways? I understand
what happened, I think...I just don't know what the rules are.

BH