[thelist] stylesheet

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Thu Nov 29 06:41:07 CST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Peter Van Dijck wrote:

> here's a question:
> I want to have a few links
> link 1
> link 2
> link 3
> and when you click on them the "open up"/expand and a paragraph of text
> shows up beneath them. (this is to go in the body of a page, I'm not
> looking for menu-code)

Give ID's to the paragraphs in question, and use a JavaScript to change
their display property from 'none' to 'block'.

Attempts to do this in Netscape 4 usually (always?) end in utter failure.
Perhaps Peter-Paul or one of the others can explain; I've no ideas where
to start, unless you want to read about my failures.

Regards,
--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."