[thelist] CSS Positioning

JTocher discosys at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 29 14:17:03 CST 2001

I am working on an 'interactive map' - thanks to several of you who pointed
my nose in the right direction, I got most of the map working. However, I
have a problem with the locator box no longer being positioned correctly
when the user increases/decreases the font display size.

A simplified version of the page can be seen at the following:

http://averra.com/mstest/maps/index_tst.htm

Rollover the term 'Apalachia' in the list to the right. This displays a
yellow box (<div id="locate">&nbsp;</div>) on the map. Fine 'n dandy until I
increase the browser display font size.

So, I'm looking for a way to absolutely position my css generated box
relative to the map image - rather than the page.

Seems I should be able to use the 'table cell' as a 'parent' which will
result in the position being relative to the top left corner of the table
cell - yes? However, run into other probs when trying to put my <div> tag in
the cell with the image.

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Janice