[thelist] HTML Formatting/HTML Compliance (Script Tag)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri Nov 30 09:58:33 CST 2001

On 09:51 AM 11/30/2001, Burhan Khalid said to me:
>A few problems with that tip, mainly the comment tags. If you are going to
>use comment tags, you HAVE to include them in the !CDATA tag, or else,
>your HTML won't validate. Atleast that's what I got from the W3 :

Not really:

<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/04/28/feature/xhtml_rev.html?page=3>
(Towards the bottom)

I've used it before and it validates fine.  It's not a perfect option, as
the page points out, but it does validate and it does cover your bases as
far as browsers go.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/