[thelist] HTML Formatting/HTML Compliance (Script Tag)

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:06:24 CST 2001

<snip>
<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/04/28/feature/xhtml_rev.html?page=3>
(Towards the bottom)

I've used it before and it validates fine.  It's not a perfect option, as
the page points out, but it does validate and it does cover your bases as
far as browsers go.
</snip>
Good point, but (from the same site) :

but one caveat, the XML spec allows parsers to strip comment tags and their
contents completely, so if you are relying on a script to run after parsing,
you may want to double-check the behavior of your parser.

Wouldn't it be intersting if the parser were to comment out the rest of your
script! I say, use external js files, and avoid this mess.

Burhan Khalid