[thelist] CF: Server doesn't send spooled mail.

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Nov 30 11:05:14 CST 2001

Hi Guys,

I've got problems with apps mailing on my Linux box, and was hoping
that someone could offer some potential insights as to diagnostics,
or solutions. I've checked as many things as I know how, and one of
the most significant factors is that CFServer has since Nov 22 failed
to send spooled mail. (The logs show it, and the spool starts on the
22 - just around the time the clients started noticing it.)

Is there a way of forcing CFServer to feed the spool to my emailer?

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

Below is the end result of all my research, just in case it's needed.
Feel free to ignore it if it's not.

SERVER:

- I can send email from the shell.

- Some clients send and receive email effortlessly via POP.

- Some clients do not seem to be able to receive email via POP.

- The account's DNS seems to be correct.

- The email addresses being sent to are correct.

- The client CAN receive email sent from the shell.

COLD FUSION

- I've not changed my apps that have up to date functioned correctly.

- No account seems to be able to send email via CF.

- All emails are sent as plain text.

- All of the emails I send are in the 1 to 20k size range.

- I am aware of, and have fixed the Linux/CF 4.5 LFCR bug.

- CF server claims to correctly connect with the mailer(qMail).

- Changing servers, to, or from in the tag doesn't bring success.

- The undelivr log shows that the last failed email was in June

- The spool shows that it is full since Nov 22.

- The first two files in the spool have zero bytes. Will delete and see.

OTHER

- The CF server logs show the last emails being sent on Nov 22

- The email qMail logs show that email still goes though for other clients.

- Message log shows a lot of 'Lame Server' lines.

- Apparently I had inadvertently left a relay open. It's been closed.

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com