[thelist] Trying to include multiple JavaScript files in a perl script....

Rajinder Joat raj at e-worksmedia.com
Fri Nov 30 11:30:44 CST 2001

Hi folks, first time poster to the list so go gently eh? :o)

I'm trying to include a .js file into a cgi script (that produces HTML
output for the browser, obviously)...
What I have is a search script (Fluid Dynamics:
http://www.xav.com/scripts/search/) that parses text files that contain the
HTML that will go onto the search results page...

Now, what I'm trying to get working in conjunction with this is HierMenus.
(http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/hiermenus/) (I'm guessing one or two of
you has heard of HM by now ... :o)

HM works, as best as I can tell, by including a Loader.js file into the html
of the document you want the menu to show up in, and that js file in turn
includes two other js files; one for the actual menu's, the other for the
actual code that runs the menu system for whatever browser type it detects
that you have.

My problem is, both of these things (HM and the search script) I have
working satisfactorally...but I can't seem to get the two working
together...are there any CGI/JavaScript integration issues I don't know
about?

Thanks in advance.
Rajinder Joat.