[thelist] problem connecting to mySQL server

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Fri Nov 30 17:01:36 CST 2001

I regularly use mysql_connect() without the password function to wrap my
password.  You don't *have* to use it unless (and this is based on a long
day at work with 1/2 a memory of this password() function) you set the user
password initially using the password() function (i.e. grant all privileges
on *.* TO user at localhost         identified by password('PASSWORD');).

-Chris