[thelist] RE: <CFINCLUDE> INSIDE <CFQUERY OUTPUT>?

mle mle at cargo9.com
Fri Nov 30 19:01:02 CST 2001

Many thanks to Jeff and Ray.

It was a bad variable, but the source was a surprise:

Sometimes when in a hurry I use Enterprise Manager to stick demo data
straight into an open SQL7 table.  This is on a development server.

I now have discovered that when I type data directly into an empty cell,
an initial blank space is generated by SQL7. This usually closes
automatically when I move on to the next cell. But not always.... I'm
sure there is a good explanation for this having to do with data type
specs, but I haven't time to track it down just now. In any event, it
doesn't seem to occur with normal data insert and import routines.

My url variables retained this space and barfed the INCLUDE.

So in addition to checking that the file exists, from now on I'll
routinely clean the URL with Trim()!

Thanks again.

mle