[thelist] Variable Stylesheets?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 2 22:14:20 CST 2001

> From: "lon.kraemer" <lwkraemer at earthlink.net>
[...]
> Thanks, you're very kind. Actually, this whole thing is an extension
> of a technique that aardvark (adrian) use(s/d) on his site
> (roselli.org) to allow a user to select a text size. I punched up his
> code to include the ability to select a layout too (ice, jello,
> liquid). It's when I started to desire offering selectable colors that
> my feeble gears started to churn.

wow, glad to see someone found something i wrote to be useful...

your approach is similar to one of my first steps -- i had an ASP file
as my CSS, but it created problems for NN4.x (which i don't have
installed at home, so i can't test yours)... because the default
MIME type for ASP is text/html (and i couldn't make CSS
executable even if i wanted since it's a shared NT host), and
because a CSS file is supposed to be text/css, i found NN didn't
seem to treat it as a CSS file...

it also had caching problems as well, since it wasn't a different file...

it looks like you're struggling with some of the same things...