[thelist] Domain Stacking

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Tue Dec 4 09:34:58 CST 2001

I don't know about stacking, but I do use MyDomain for various domains.
However, I only use that service for "secondary domains", i.e., those which
are not the main domains for a business.  For instance, if my client has a
business domain:

www.ClientBusiness.com

That I'll set up real (virtual) hosting for.  If the client buys another
domain simply to take it off the market to protect their brand but never
intend to use it in their promotional materials, like:

www.Client-Business.com OR
www.ClientBusiness.net

That I'll set up with MyDomain, and re-direct to the main (virtually hosted)
site.

I would NOT use MyDomain to "host" a site that needs to be available 100% to
the public, because I find their servers have too much down time.  Even 2%
down time is a lot for a business site, or a well trafficked non-commercial
site.

HTH,

Bob

Regards,