[thelist] Netscape 4.7 browser problem - apply style to select box

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Tue Dec 4 10:12:20 CST 2001

P.Z,
	i hate this problem, i use ASP to do detection for me on the netscape
issue and then style appropriately - pixel widths do not work in NS input
fields - solutions are:
NS detection and display different - or place size=30 (or whatever) on the
fields and IE will ignore and use the style, where as netscape will use the
size attribute.

My style sheets are include file and normally .htm one, so the file would
start off:

<!--
The i can do ASP detection in here - where as with a .css you cannot (as far
as I'm aware)
//-->
and on my main page i'd have: <!--#include file="includes/ThisStyle.htm"-->

If you want some code for detection let me know and i'll send you a page if
you want.

cheers

paul