[thelist] INDEX SERVER

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 14:37:52 CST 2001

> From: "Josh Spiegel" <joshsquared at yahoo.com>
>
> I guess Index Server defaults to using OR Boolean logic for a given
> search string of words. Is there anyway to make it do AND instead of
> OR.

dunno if the code i sent off-list helped or not, but the general gist
for everyone is to treat the search criteria entered just as a
suggestion...

if you want to do a freetext search, you may need to modify it... if
you want to handle for booleans, you may have to run replaces...
even for things like NOT, you'll have to handle for it...

from there, construct your query and you should be all set...