[thelist] Ssh on Linux

Michael Imamura gte255n at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 4 18:42:47 CST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, /cdj wrote:
> Could someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial to learn
> how to use ssh or openssh on linux (Red Hat 7.2)? In particular, is
> there a nice graphical version available for Linux?

Here's an article on SSH written by one of our members (The Linux Users
Group at Georgia Tech):
  http://www.lugatgt.org/articles/using_ssh/
You might want to skip down to the "Using Secure Shell" section.

As for a graphical version, I don't know of any, sorry.  Most people I
know just open up another terminal window and just SSH from the
command-line (there's really not much to it).

I haven't tried any graphical scp/sftp clients, but a quick search on
freshmeat.net popped up a couple interesting projects:
  http://freshmeat.net/projects/secpanel/
  http://freshmeat.net/projects/kscp/

              - Michael Imamura   mimamura at resnet.gatech.edu
                LUG at GT Web Guy    http://www.lugatgt.org/