[thelist] Ssh on Linux

judah at wiredotter.com judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Dec 4 18:54:03 CST 2001

At 05:09 PM 12/4/2001 -0700, Keith wrote:

>Mind sharing that program with us Chris? I use the GUI SSH FTP windows
>client from http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/ but I'd love to have a GUI SSH telnet
>client for windows, the one I'm using is command line barbaric.

Check out TeraTerm Pro with the TTSSH extension.

TeraTerm: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

TTSSH: http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

It supports SSH v 1 and 1.5  It does not support SSH 2.0

However, TeraTerm behaves like a good Windows client.  The window is
resizable, you can set your own fonts and colors, etc.  I've used this
setup for a few years now and I've had no complaints.

It also has nice support for Japanese character sets and its free.  Great
bonuses, IMHO.

Judah