[thelist] Ssh on Linux

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Dec 4 19:08:22 CST 2001

/
> <quote>
> forwards the DISPLAY variable to the client machine. In other words, if you are
> running the X Window System on your local machine,

I haven't taken the time to look into this closely, but the above
does *not* seem to be true of the cygwin version of ssh running on
Windows, even when the local DISPLAY variable has been explicitly
set ...

Would love to hear if either I'm missing something or there's a fix
for this available!

(Fix != switch to Linux desktop -- I know about that one, it's just
 not an immediate option.)

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --