[thelist] Variable Stylesheets?(sorta long. . .)

Don Makoviney don at aspalliance.com
Wed Dec 5 05:44:03 CST 2001

What I meant was that there were much better alternatives to sessions - not
necessarily that .NET sessions were better.

Actually I should have been more clear, but the ultimate way to manage the
session state of a user is to not even use sessions at all, but actually use
viewstate, which is basically a dictionary-like interface to store objects
associated with a string key. . See this article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspnet/ht
ml/Asp11222001.asp

In short - it ROCKS and totally blows managing state with sessions out of
the water.

And of course there is alot of .NET marketing hype, and whether that is
annoying or not is debatable. But I have been programmiing with it for over
a year now and have completely fallen in love with it. ASP.NET makes
development a breeze. I don't have to worry about spending hours building a
custom DB-based session handler. I can spend my valuable time doing more
important things that the end-user needs, like a usable interface and
documentation and really make my applications presentation layer top-notch.

Okay I'm done with my ASP.NET commercial endorsement now. . . .<grin>

Don Makoviney
MAKOVISION.COM "Handpicked News For Web Developers"
http://www.makovision.com/
Free WebDev/Usability Newsletter
http://www.makovision.com/subs/