[thelist] HTML EMAIL

Adrian Fischer adrian at aussiebidder.com
Wed Dec 5 05:54:22 CST 2001

Hi People,

I searched the archives because I thought I had seen a lengthy discussion on
this in the past but couldn't find anything.  I also found very little on
the net (must have been using the wrong query!)

I need to be able to send an email in html format. From what I have been
able to glean so far I need to add headers to what I've got. I'm hosted on a
unix/linux box and cant change config files so I need to send the header
information to Sendmail on the fly  Something like this what I need to add:

(without the # sign)

This is how I send email from within my program presently:
$config{'mailprog'} = '/usr/lib/sendmail -t';
<snip>
  open MAIL, "|$config{'mailprog'}";
               print MAIL "To: $to\r\nFrom: $from\r\nSubject:
$subject\r\n\r\n$message\n";

                close MAIL;
</snip>

..but how do I add the header info.

(Marking up the $message isnt a problem)

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards

Adrian Fischer