[thelist] PHP move_uploaded_file() and Safe Mode

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Dec 5 13:52:40 CST 2001

I have a few functions that use move_uploaded_file() and the webserver is
running PHP in safe Mode, so my uploaded file can only land in the directory
the script is located in. This doesn't really work for me.

Short of having to put a script containing the move_uploaded_file() function
in the preferred destination directory and finding a way to run that script
separately from the rest of my functions, anyone know of w ay to get around
this particular safe_mode issue? What would be the risks if I could get
around it?

BH