[thelist] looking for alternatives to My Yahoo

Bill Lovett bill at ilovett.com
Wed Dec 5 18:21:36 CST 2001

I'm toying with the idea of implementing (or building) a personal
portal on my site where I can keep relatively private info (addresses,
calendar and such) online but away from anyone's eyes but mine. I
really like what My Yahoo offers with all their customizable content
modules but am itching for something I can customize and expand
the way I want.

Has anyone ever implemented something like this for themselves? A bit
of a portal, a bit of a content manager, a bit of a web-based PIM. So
far the only thing I've found on freshmeat is something called
MyPhPim:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/myphpim/

-bill