[thelist] Variable Stylesheets?(sorta long. . .)

Damian Maclennan damian_mac at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 21:10:55 CST 2001

>How do you automatically delete an entry from a database after a >certain
>period of time?

You can easily set up jobs on your server to clean out old entries.

>Is this really beneficial since server processing is
>increased and time wasted by having to go back to the database for every
>page?

It depends on what resources you have. Most of the stuff I do, we have a
really big, fast DB server. So I put a lot of stuff there, and leave the web
servers to do light work.

I have seen other ways of doing it, this just works for my setup.

Damian