[thelist] F2S Announcement

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 23:35:52 CST 2001

Thanks Daniel!

  I had come up with the idea that the computer club get together and build
a machine from scratch that would serve as our webserver, and then get the
university to stick it on their backbone. I thought that maybe this would
get some activity/excitement happening in the computer club (I'm the pres.).
If that doesn't pan out (or takes too long, which I suspect it will, given
the gargantuan amount of red tape at my uni), I might have to take you up on
that offer. You can view the current site here :

http://www.swosucomputerclub.f2s.com

(my uni's homepage is : http://www.swosu.edu)

  I am running the current site under phpnuke. I just didn't have enough
time to code a weblog/storytell system using PHP. However, I plan to update
the site and perhaps (yikes!) take a stab at CF. Just the install process on
HomeSite gave me enough headaches.

  Thanks for the support. I'll pass it on to my sponsor as an option.

  On a separate note, can you tell me what she-bang line to use in my perl
scripts? I tried running a perl script but with no luck.

Regards,
Burhan Khalid

Hey Burhan -

For the most part, I'm cool with people that contribute to evolt on a
somewhat regular basis hosting personal sites on members.evolt.org.. I
think you have an account there already. It does have perl, php, mysql,
and ftp plus a lot of other cool stuff to play around with too..

Too bad about f2s getting burried under their own weight..

if you have any questions, lemme know :)

.djc.