[thelist] Getting information about a remote server

Lauri Vain lauri.vain at tharapita.com
Thu Dec 6 07:19:17 CST 2001

Hello there,

I'm writing a script that needs to know whether php, asp, cf, sql etc is
installed on a remote server. How can I identify those? Is there any possibility
at all to query information about what is installed on a remote web server? What
does the "expose_php" line in PHP configuration file do anyway?

Secondly... Another part of the script needs to find out all the domains on a
particular system. As far as I know, there is way to query via WHOIS all the
domains that use a known DNS server or all the domains that reside on a common
IP.

Are there ways to get that information?

Thanks,
Lauri