[thelist] PDFs & Internet Explorer

Bill Lovett bill at ilovett.com
Thu Dec 6 12:28:34 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 01:04:00PM -0500, Pamela R wrote:
> Hi all, I have been having a tough time with PDFs opening in Internet
> Explorer.   I am constantly getting a blank page.

You may have tried all of these things already, but have you:

-tried to donwload the pdf from netscape (if that works, the browser
is sending it down properly and the problem is IE)

-reinstalled the latest version of acrobat reader?

-tried to download pdfs from other sites (google)?

Are you on PC or Mac? What kind of server do you have? Are there any
file size restrictions in place on your network (firewall, for
instance)? Is the problem specific to your machine or does it happen
on everyone's?

-bill