[thelist] DSL in America

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Dec 6 13:40:32 CST 2001

At 12:22 AM 12/7/2001, thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org typed these words:
>No, not at all.  I use directv DSL (formerly telocity) and have a web
>server at home.  So long as it isn't commercial and your usage doesn't
>impact their system, they let you do what you want.  I don't think I could
>handle a 1GB download max per month.

Dude, I live in INDIA (hence the subject line).    ;)

The good thing is that if I exceed my quota, I have to pay more, but my
connection doesn't get snapped or anything like that. :)

I'm a download freak, so 34 MB/day isn't too much for me. I expect to use
about twice that, and now that I'm on theforum, thesite, and admin, even
email is chewing up the bandwidth ;)

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu Menon