[thelist] Can't get MySQL to run on Boot (was: Single install of PHP4, MySQL, Apache for Linux?)

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 17:44:55 CST 2001

Chris, if you're getting stressed, take a step back, have a cup of tea,
you'll just frustrate yourself more.

We'll get you through this, one step at a time *:)

I would suggest going with the rpms. Not only will they be
pre-configured to the platform, but all the stuff about starting them
automatically will be taken care of. But if you want me to go into more
detail on this I can do.

I'm running RH7.2 here and have mysql/php/apache all running fine.

These are the rpms I have installed, all of which can be got from
http://fr2.rpmfind.net

[garrett at cincinnati mail]$ rpm -qa |grep ^php
php-mysql-4.0.6-7
php-4.0.6-7
[garrett at cincinnati mail]$ rpm -qa |grep ^mysql
mysql-server-3.23.41-1
mysql-3.23.41-1
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6
[garrett at cincinnati mail]$ rpm -qa |grep ^apache
apache-1.3.22-2

> The question comes to mind: Is Linux really worth the trouble?

I think so *:)

G.