[thelist] Internal Networking: 5 Q's

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Dec 7 07:10:37 CST 2001

I've currently got a set up where my PC touches the web though my
Mac, using IPNet router. My Mac touches my PC for file sharing though
PCMacLan. What I'm wondering, having just installed Win2kPro, with
this set up is the following:

1) Does anyone know if I can make a connection to the default
Win2KPro web/ftp/mail server? (I think it's personal web server) from
another machine?

2) If not, is Apache the right choice of web servers to install
considering the OS is MS? (I only want to test from my other machines
on my home network, not serve to the web at large.)

3) I've got the full version of CFServer running on my PC, will I
encounter config nightmares due to my beginner's knowledge level of
networking if I do?

4) Does anyone know all of the above assumes that I can serve to
another machine, wether or not IPNet Router will let me address my PC?

5) And if so, can someone suggest the setup?

If all of this comes though, I have the dream setup! Editing though
BBEdit on my Mac via file sharing, and testing via HTTP/FTP. I only
need to use my PC as the server! Four corner testing without a packet
touching the net. Sweet!

Lots of questions, lots of thanks.
--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com