[thelist] RE: [thelist] MySQL won´t run on Win2k server and XP !

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 7 07:15:55 CST 2001

We don't care what OS you're using here, don't worry.

I'm guessing you don't have it installed as a service
under Windows - check under start/programs/
administrative tools/services to see whether MySQL
is on the list, started and set to start as 'Automatic'.

If it's not there, go to whichever directory you
installed it to (usually c:\mysql\bin) and type

mysqld --install

[note that could be mysql --install,
but I'm not near the right machine to check].

If it's already in Services but won't start, *and*
you installed it somewhere other than c:\mysql, you
need an INI file saying so in c:\winnt\system32. Check
the documentation and look for 'mysql.ini'

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com