[thelist] For the ASP Gurus...

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Sun Dec 9 02:04:32 CST 2001

This all executes within global.asa:

I've got 10 graphics in a folder, all named 01.gif - 10.gif.
I use the FSO to grab one at random and strip off the extension, leaving
just a number.
I assign the random number to a session variable.

I use this code to implement a random header graphic on my site. I'm
doing it this way since I don't want a random header for every page
load/refresh from every user. I just want every user to get a random one
for each session they start.

Problem is, every user is getting the same graphic every time.

Here's my global.asa:

Sub Session_OnStart

  Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(server.mappath("/images/headers/"))

  For Each objFile in objFolder.Files
    upperbound = objFile.name
  Next

  upperbound = split(upperbound,".")

  session("topGraphic") = Int(Rnd() * cInt(upperBound(0))) + 1

  set objFSO = nothing
  set objFolder = nothing

End Sub

Any thoughts?