[thelist] Looking for a simple CF-based catalog/shopping cart

Aaron Johnson ajohnson at mindseye.com
Mon Dec 10 19:19:45 CST 2001

I'm probably the only one who cares at this point, but for anyone else
interested, I have to eat my words.  Jeff was right on w/ his analysis of
cfinclude being far faster than custom tags.  I came up with similar results
in my own testing.

DOes that means that sites built using custom tags are inherently slow?  Not
at all...

Should you be concerned about using custom tags on sites w/ massive (ebay
like) amounts of traffic?  Yeah, but you're probably not using CF for a site
w/ massive amounts of traffic anyway...

Anyway...

AJ

<tip type="ColdFusion">
Would you like to store your custom tags in some place other than
/cfusion/customtags/ ?  CF 5 gives you the ability to add paths to your
custom tags through the cf admin.  CF 4.5 requires that you edit the
registry, specifcally:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Allaire\ColdFusion\CurrentVersion\CustomTags
</tip>