[thelist] Utility for monitoring disk access

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Dec 11 03:04:18 CST 2001

At 03:06 AM 12/11/2001, Aaron typed these words:
>Side note: in order to view logical and physical disk counters on 2000,
>you'll need to activate them (start --> run --> type "diskperf -y")

Hmmm... this looks like one of those "things to remember" tips for my MCSE
exam three years back.

>Aaron Johnson, MCSE, MCP+I

And that explains it ;)

>It will NOT tell you what is using your memory or
>disk, but you might be able to deduce from System Monitor and Task Manager

The problem is that sometimes, the Task Manager doesn't show anything
unusual. But since I stopped the indexing service, the disk thrashing is
less frequent.

Madhu
(MCSE turned UX consultant)

Madhu Menon