[thelist] older browsers - why are people still using them?

carole guevin carole at soulmedia.com
Tue Dec 11 11:29:03 CST 2001

> Slowly shrinking, yes. Influenced more by their machine upgrade cycle than
> how they're being forced into it by sites.

hence my point altogether - the *technology* - machine upgrade - is
evolving - more and more people are joining with newer machine.

agreed there was a LOT of fridgin money invested because the BIG BOOM web
era was pre-compliant browsers and who wants or has the money to *redevelop*
the sites right!

BUT it doesn't change the fact that - the technology is evolving and the web
is a new media - and as such - the poor clients who don't want to alienate
anybody - is a way of saying - we've spent enough - we don't want to evolve
anymore...

which is in complete contradiction to what the web is.  It's not about
compliancy - it's just about money - whereas we, as the developing
community, we code backward - instead of having an easier life - it's not as
if I have my regular 2 days off a week and a regular income, or a regular
life or... whatever other regular activities that people outside the web
have.

.c